“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”
The eccentric writer coined several noteworthy phrases during his life in England around the turn of the nineteenth century. Now we realize you didn’t come here for a history lesson, but if you’ll bear with us for a moment, we want to share a quick bit of history on the real C&J Well Company.
How C&J Well Company Got Started
We are the only C&J Well Company in Indiana, and we have been a proud part of the Brownsburg community since 1996. The “C” and “J” in our title comes from our founders Christy and Josh, after the latter had the opportunity to purchase a well drilling rig nearly 20 years ago. Since then, we have been blessed to witness business grow substantially. C&J Well Company has expanded office space, equipment, and employees, along with our service area across central Indiana. Over the years, we have also acquired a few other well-known businesses whose names you might still recognize today. We are also proud to be members of the BBB, Indiana Ground Water Association, and the Builders Association of Greater Indianapolis.
What Our Imitators are Doing
Apparently, our success has recently inspired some less successful and less reputable imitation. It has come to our attention that there are some people out there trying to use the C&J name and assets in an attempt to secure customers for themselves. These C&J Well Company impostors represent themselves by using our letters, C&J, when speaking to potential customers on the phone. They also use a similar logo with different combinations of initials in print materials. We have heard they might send “employees” out to homes in unmarked vehicles and without C&J clothing or official identification, and even imitate some of the warranties that the real C&J Well Company has offered and built an honest reputation with over the years.
The REAL C&J Well Company
We don’t want to scare anyone, but we do want to alert residents about potential C&J imitators. Our team has devised a few important tips for you to weed out the C&J Well Company impostors from the only legitimate and real C&J Well Company around.
- Look for our logo. Whether you search for the real C&J Well Company online or in the yellow pages, you’ll see our logo. Look for the red “C” and yellow “J” with the little black ampersand in the middle. This logo is clearly marked on our website, Yellow Book listings, social media accounts, vehicles, uniforms, and business cards.
- Check our credentials. Not everyone can do the kind of work that we do. At the real C&J Well Company, we’re always happy and more than willing to show our licenses, insurance information, and other references and documentation you request. It’s just one more way we bring our customers trust and peace of mind.
- Know your names. Although the real C&J Well Company generally goes by this name, we have also done business under the following names:
- Water Wells by Wilhite
- Dean Well Drilling
- Harness Brothers Well Drilling
C&J Well Company acquired these companies over the years and we want to keep their names alive. Please note that when you call these companies, we answer the phone as C&J Well Company.
- Trust your gut. If something feels fishy to you, there’s a good chance that it is. The real C&J Well Company will never solicit you, pressure you into signing a contract needed to begin work, perform more work than is necessary, or act unprofessionally in any way. We’ve built our business around honesty, confidence, and trust, and you should never expect any less from us.
Accept no Imitations
Deceitfulness is an unfortunate tactic that exists in every professional field. While we can’t completely avoid C&J impostors, please know that we are working diligently and around the clock to eliminate C&J fraud whenever we find it. Thankfully, these instances are rare.
So the next time you are researching an Indianapolis area well company to hire, remember that imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but when it comes to your well and water needs, accept no imitators. Demand the best in the business. Ask for the real C&J Well Company